Mobile Ethnography



Whilst thinking about the different ways to gather information and statistics on my topic I was thinking about the different methods I could use. As I am looking into body image I feel this is a very sensitive subject to talk to someone about face to face. I feel I could gather more honest and valuable information by producing an online survey which people can fill out anonymously. I think there would be more engagement and people will feel less uncomfortable and less pressured. 

I can across a really interesting article about Mobile Ethnography which is a research method whereby participants are asked to use their mobile phones to record images that they can include as part of their evidence. I think this will help me collate some really interesting research and I know that the majority of my participants will love adding pictures etc 

When thinking about what questions to ask I need to make sure I am being understanding of peoples feelings. For example I am not asking questions to prove my hypothesis, I am asking questions to gather information about the subject as a whole. If anyone has any questions or ideas they think I could include in my survey please feel free to comment below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Journal

Reflection

Rainbow Eucalyptus