Rainbow Eucalyptus

Talking about mapping our Professional Practice in the zoom last night led me to probably the most obvious way of representing growth - a tree. I had originally thought about doing a family tree but whilst reflecting on this I came across this amazing tree - The Rainbow Eucalyptus Tree. It’s a real tree native to Papau New Guinea & Indonesia.

It’s bark is actually rainbow coloured. This led me to think how this could reflect my Professional Practice as the roots of a tree absorb what it needs to live and grow. In a similar way I absorb what I need to grow and influence my professional practice. The rainbow trunk is an outward representation of all those different influences. 

How to craft this into a representation then was my next thought. Again I googled and came up with a mind map in the form of a tree and then inspired by someone’s idea last night to model something I thought could I create an actual 3D tree that looked like a rainbow tree?

I have an idea 💡 and will share the results with you if it looks something similar. I envisage:-
 - a heart shaped tree representing the passion I have got my practice
-  roots to show what feeds it
- a strong trunk to reflect the strength and resilience needed to grow and thrive
- branches to illustrate the journey and onward growth
- fruit or blossoms to show achievements
- gnarls to show pain, injury, upset
- new tips to show continued growth
All made from coloured wire to show diversity - the twisting of the wire represents connectivity and networking.
Somehow I would like to add wind, rain, snow and sunshine to reflect outside uncontrollable change like Covid, or opportunity.

I have no idea if this is achievable - although I have found a tutorial on how to make a wire tree in 30 minutes 🤣🤣.
Also I have no idea if this fits the description of what we are supposed to be doing -  so please add comments below.
Maybe I need to sit my tree in front of pictures of what influences me to be more specific ? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Journal

Reflection