Areas of Learning



After having thought about the different areas of learning that I am going to explore within my essay I am still yet to decide on the specific areas I am going to talk about. However,  I am keen to look into the different aspects of self pressure within my practice and change and uncertainty. 

Throughout my three years of professional vocational training I was always putting unnecessary pressure on myself to "fit in" and "be like everyone else". Is this something other people have experienced within their practice? In the dance industry we are always told to Inotcompare ourselves to other people however that is extremely difficult when you are fighting for the same outcome. A Professional dance job. I wonder whether this pressure I felt in college was specific to my course and my practice or whether other individuals studying something completely different also feel this pressure. I feel this is something the growing industry could work on and perhaps teach young people it is ok to just be you and no one else.

I would also like to think deeper about the term "change". As we know the COVID 19 pandemic has immensely impacted all of our lives. It has interrupted my training and I am left thinking I have missed out on so many classes and many opportunities to grow as an artist. I have now graduated and have been thrown in the deep end of the professional working industry. This change is very overwhelming to me and has left me feeling a little lost. I am going to explore these feelings further in my essay but if any other recent graduates also feel like this feel free to comment below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Journal

Reflection

Rainbow Eucalyptus